AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AIM solenoids with fertilizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 4/15/2019 21:25 (#7441670 - in reply to #7441016)
Subject: RE: AIM solenoids with fertilizer

Our 3310 was previously owned by a fertilizer company. It has nozzle bodies every 10" with every other one being AIM and the others non-AIM. We were told to only.run low columns of fertilizer thru.the AIM bodies, less than 20 GPA, and to use the.regular bodies for anything higher than 20 GPA

We run 13.5 GPA of 32% as our herbicide carrier.thru the SIM bodies. Flush with water every night. Normally replace 4-6 SIM solenoid a year. Every spring when we bring the sprayer out of winter storage seems like at least a couple solenoid a are bad
Normally store in a heated shed so only thing in the booms is water though last winter I did with decide it using RV.antifreeze thinking we may put it in a cold storage building. This spring 2 dead solenoid

Not sure if our dealer has any other SIM sprayer out but we.seem to be the only one buying solenoid. I've learned to buy.just the solenoid, not.the complete assembly. Runs about $79 for.kust the solenoid compared to over $200 for the complete assembly
I check just the solenoid when testing.ohms. Once in awhile.will have to replace a plunger , rubber tip.gets chewed up and tip conti yes to spray.untill boom pressure drops. Have only replaced 1 or 2 of the little o-ring on the end of the barrellf
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)