AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AIM solenoids with fertilizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WilgerIndustries
Posted 4/15/2019 16:55 (#7441123 - in reply to #7441046)
Subject: RE: AIM solenoids with fertilizer

Oof, that shouldn't be giving you that much grief.

1. Have you changed your solenoid's poppets lately? If you are 2,500 hours on your sprayer with original poppets, that could definitely help the issue.
-The liquid fertilizer would only go so far as touch the inside round of that poppet, so technically if the liquid fert sat for a few day(s), it could get that pretty stick.

So, I'd pull ones that aren't spraying off and take a look at them.
1. Do the poppets still move pretty freely? 
2. Is there a decent 'donut-groove' in that seat across the poppet's seal? If this gets deep enough, it can cause grief like laggy response time or sticking. (Even if it is something like a hundred thou deep, that'd be enough, as it doesnt move up too much.)

For the solenoids themselves, typically the electronics last pretty well, but on the only 4420, you'd be able to check the resistance between the two wires, and if the resistance is between 21-23 Ohms, then the coil itself should be fine.
(This is only for the Capstan solenoids. The Raven solenoids have their own chip on board for NCV diagnostics).

3. Maybe trace the line and check for shorts. Liquid fert could definitely be nasty if it is getting into a short, thats for sure. 

I'll let you know if I think of anything else,
-Lucas

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)