AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Masters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Flatulent Farmer
Posted 4/14/2019 18:13 (#7439341 - in reply to #7439238)
Subject: RE: Masters

Silver Creek MN
While I have never been a big fan of Tiger Woods, I do have a great deal of respect for him. Incredible talent, laser-like focus, and unbelievable stamina - both in the bedroom and the golf course. Remember the old joke about Tiger after he crashed his Cadillac Escalade in his yard in an attempt to get away from his wife? "What's the difference between a golf ball and an Escalade? Tiger can drive a golf ball more than twenty yards". Tiger has always had a sense of style and a flair for the dramatic. I actually emulated him and started wearing a red polo shirt if I was baling hay on a Sunday. As a person who overcame severe back problems, I can appreciate what he has gone through in this rehab period. Americans love to forgive a fallen star, and this was never more apparent than today when the gallery went crazy whenever he walked down the fairway and especially when he sank that final putt to win.

I am not a big golf fan, and actually I like to watch the Masters just to see what green grass looks like after shoveling snow in mid April. Tiger Woods did help the resurgence of golf in this country, but around here golf courses are a good example of the "circle of life". Twenty years or so ago, a lot of good cornfields were turned into golf courses in the frenzy to make golf available to everyone. One by one, these courses have closed and in a lot of cases, the fairways have been plowed up and corn grows there once again. Just because you build it, does not mean they will come.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)