AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Over to the dark side?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 4/14/2019 12:12 (#7438769 - in reply to #7438734)
Subject: RE: Over to the dark side?

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Hi Ron,  Well, I've been eating Brian and crew's good lunch for a few years, figured it was time to buy something. I did sit through around 130 bulls to get to the heifers.  I wish I had gone a bit higher on that lot 131 heifer. She was really the one I wanted but this lot 141 should be a good heifer and cow. Did you buy a bull or heifer? I didn't see you there or I would have said hello. Good crowd.

For the record (and despite t-boss' "Your Cheatin' Heart" :-) I have no intention of going away from my basic Herefords. I am impressed by my Hereford/Fleckvieh (Simi) cross calves and am interested in trying different crosses. But my basic herd is and always will be Hereford.  I would urge all-black Angus folks to try a good Hereford bull on a few Angus cows some time. There is definitely a lot to be gained from F1 heterosis.

I sell almost all of my beef frozen by the pound so hide color is not the reason I'm experimenting with crosses. Russ, my 9 year old truck will be ok for a few more years at least!

Edited by Jim 4/14/2019 12:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)