AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

moving guidance lines into insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/14/2019 09:24 (#7438543 - in reply to #7438475)
Subject: RE: moving guidance lines into insight

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
mkurkowski - 4/14/2019 08:49

Is there a good way to do it? The only way I've found so far is to move them one-by-one, but I'm new to the insight. The lines came off an fmx, and I have SMS.

Because Ag Leader associates a guidance line with a particular field, it may be necessary to do them one by one in a sense because you will need to import them to the appropriate field. This really works very well and is a much better arrangement than the clunky system I had to fight with a Trimble 750.

With Ag Leader's Insight and newer displays, the line is associated with a field. This is the field where it was first created with that Insight or imported to that field from somewhere or something else. That means when you go to a field and attempt to bring up a guidance line, it will only show you the ones associated with that field. This helps limit the number of choices you are presented with.

With the Insight you are not able to use a guidance line from another field unless you utilize a trick. With the newer Integra and InCommands when loading a guidance line you will first see just those that are associated with that field BUT you have the option of looking at all your guidance lines. This "Show all lines" option was not available with the Insight.

Let's suppose that you have a guidance line that is associated with Field A because it was either created there or imported to that field but you would like to use it in Field B which is right beside Field A. With an Integra or InCommand you could just ask to "Show all lines" and then pick the one you wish to use. Since the InSight does not have this option you could use this trick: Go to Field A and export that line to the memory card. Then go to Field B and import that line from the memory card. At that point a duplicate is made for Field B and added to the guidance patterns for Field B. The original is still with Field A so it can be used there as before.

Edited by tedbear 4/14/2019 09:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)