AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seedstar to Insight half width disconnect
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/13/2009 09:27 (#607114 - in reply to #606999)
Subject: Re: Seedstar to Insight half width disconnect

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
dmaxdiesel - 2/13/2009 06:48

Looking through the paper's agleader sent me it looks as if the deere's hydraulic drives will be disconnected from the original seedstar wiring harness completely and hooked to the ag leader hydraulic seed control module. So I know I won't be able to shut the drives off using the deere frame control box but is there any way to manually shut off the seed drive motors from the run screen on the Insight? Sounds like probably not.

Haven't thought this through too far but what about running another HSCM(one for each side),with an implement switch on each side, and using the clutch control module to disarm the implement switch??

I have played with some of these scenarios on my bench simulator. It appears to me that if the planter is setup as a split planter then the right or left hyd drive could be shutoff by using a boom switch on the boom box. The functions of the switches can be reassigned to various functions within certain limitations.

In other words, if the planter is driven by a Rawson with a stepper motor to an Insight system but without a Seed Clutch Module, the the operator could manually shut half the planter off by turning off the appropriate switch on a switch box. This could only be done manually as the Autoswath checkbox is not present on the RUN screen.

If the planter is setup as a single variety, both hyd motors cycle ON/OFF together and you do not have the choice of shutting off one side even manually.

It appears that a Clutch Control Module would need to be involved for any Autoswath shutoff.

Again these conclusions were observed in using the Stepper control module as used with a Rawson so the results might be different with Hydraulic Seed Control Module as would be used with Deere'es Drive. I don't have a Hydraulic Seed Control Module to duplicate these situations with it.

Edited by tedbear 2/13/2009 09:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)