AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seedstar to Insight half width disconnect
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/13/2009 07:10 (#606970 - in reply to #606842)
Subject: Re: Seedstar to Insight half width disconnect

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
ccfarmer - 2/12/2009 23:10

On our 2005 1770nt the Insight is controlling the factory 1/2 disconnect clutches. It's pretty simple with the weatherpak connectors that you can unhook from the factory harness and connect the leads from your clutch control module right in to have the Insight control them.

I don't know how the factory Seed Star handles the control of the variable rate drives but with a rawson drive when you lower the planter in the end rows the implement switch tells the rawson to start turning and as far as the rawson is concerned it is planting. It is the control of the 1/2 disconnect clutches (or tru-counts for that matter) by auto swath that will engage the clutches at the proper time to start planting.

I agree with the above. I don't know either how the factory Seed Star handles the drives.

I agree with the Rawson setup with an Insight. It is not possible to have autoswath shut off half of the planter by stopping the appropriate drive. Any rowshut off situation would involve using the Clutch Control Module. It could be hooked to electrical disconnect clutches or individual air row shutoffs.

If the Insight were controlling the hyd drive via an Ag Leader on this planter rather than the Deere system, I assume (always dangerous) that the situation would be the same. In other words, when the planter reached an area where half the planter could be shut off, that the drive would continue to turn but the rows would be shut off via a Clutch Control Module to either electrical disconnect clutches or individual air row shutoffs like the Rawson scenario.

Eventually the other half of the planter will reach the headland, then that side would be disconnected. Both hyd drives would continue to turn. When the planter is raised, the implement switch will inform the system and both drives would stop.

Please correct me if I am incorrect in the above descriptions.

Edited by tedbear 2/13/2009 07:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)