AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bridge/WiFi interference
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

golfnut
Posted 3/24/2019 14:47 (#7398666 - in reply to #7398224)
Subject: RE: Bridge/WiFi interference

Central Nebraska

mx270a - 3/24/2019 09:36 If you switched to the newer 5AC stuff, then you'd be using an entirely different frequency band, and hopefully that band is much less congested than what you are on now. It should be, 5 GHz equipment is less common.

Spoken like a pro!  The 2.4 band is so congested that I'm constantly fighting issues with it.  One of my biggest headaches with it has been at church where we thought it would be cool to have a few wireless mics that use the 2.4mhz band.  It took a fair amount of time to find the correct channels for the mics and our access points so that everything worked.

I've moved all my P2P links to 5ghz.  There is a lot less interference in that range because it is a newer band but it also doesn't penetrate walls and vegetation as well.  This sometimes makes it more difficult to work because it is less forgiving but when properly setup up it creates a better link.

If you want to try to tweak your current setup you're going to need to do a frequency scan to see if there are any available channels left.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)