AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Creating guidance lines before planting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

greg_h
Posted 3/18/2019 18:30 (#7387719)
Subject: Creating guidance lines before planting

SE SD
I have a Trimble CFX750 with a NAV controller that I use for autosteer in my planter tractor. I use the RangePoint RTX correction signal. Last year was my first step into autosteer, and even with the RangePoint signal, I was pleasantly surprised at its accuracy.
That said, I had a difficult time creating lines as I was planting. I would draw an AB line with point A on one end of the field and point B on the other end. After doing it that way once, I didn't do it again--my attempt at a straight line on a field with no fence proved to be laughable. From then on, I made my AB lines using a "dry" pass with the planter in the air to make sure I wasn't going to hit anything and then went back again with the planter in the ground.
Most of my fields are 50+ acres and square, with a couple fields that have more than 4 sides to it.
My question is, how do you guys create your lines for planting? Do you go in the field ahead of time and map them out? Am I going about this the wrong way?
I'm sure this is a rookie question, but I would appreciate some "guidance" from you folks.

Edited by greg_h 3/18/2019 18:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)