AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Creating guidance lines before planting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Posted 3/20/2019 07:24 (#7390470 - in reply to #7387719)
Subject: RE: Creating guidance lines before planting

I also run a 750 for guidance on my planter. I would suggest the Headland function because this allows you to manually drive the entire perimeter of the field and.... allows you to select one of the sides of your choosing to initiate as your straight AB line.

You will notice the Headland function needs to know how many passes you plan to make around the perimeter of your field. I usually tell it 2. Once the guidance screen appears, you will notice an additional icon along with the Set A and Set B called Headland Start.

Position your outfit to begin planting and press start headland. If this is your straight AB side- also press Set A (and remember to Set B before you complete this first side!).

If this is not your straight side, ONLY press Headland Start and begin your first pass. You will notice that Set A and Set B are still active but not selected. This is because this is NOT the pass of the perimeter you have chosen to make your AB line on yet.

At anytime during this entire perimeter pass, you may tap “Pause Swath” and you may detour away from where you are and return to this place and press”Resume Swath” and continue on.

DO NOT forget- you MUST set an AB line on ONE segment of this initial headland pass or the feature will not work correctly AND... your perimeter must return fully back to your Headland Start position.

If you follow all these steps correctly, you will be able to engage Auto-Guidance on the 2nd headland pass. BE AWARE this feature will try to turn your outfit on large radius’ on each of the corners, so you will most likely want to assme manual control on all of your corners. Also be aware the only straight pass of the headland it will make is the one you set the AB line on, otherwise it will be an exact match to the perimeter you initially drove.

There are 3 benefits to this feature:
1) as soon as you return to the Headland Start position, you may go into the Status Button and you will find the total acres contained within your Boundary
2) if you have Create Boundaries feature on... your planter will not planter outside this boundary
3) if you have row clutches, they will shut off when they reach your headland you have established.

Good luck!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)