AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

12v compressor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jay NE Ohio
Posted 3/16/2019 07:57 (#7383468 - in reply to #7382896)
Subject: RE: 12v compressor

northeastern Ohio
I've owned a couple Oasis compressors and they worked great. Overpriced, but well built. Here is a discussion from 2002 with some guys exploring how to build a cheaper Oasis: https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/75608-make-yo...

In 1995 I had a Chevy 1/2 ton work truck with no A/C. I went to the junk yard and bought a compressor, serpentine belt and an air tank. With a little plumbing and wiring, I had "on-board" air! I put some Slick 50 (remember the commercials where they drained the oil and drove 100's of miles???) into the intake to lubricate the compressor. It lasted about a year before the compressor locked up (Slick 50 failed!!!!).

I then bought one of the first Oasis designs for about $400. Mounted it in back of the front bumper. I remember airing up a combine tire with it. It worked great, but I killed the truck battery a couple times. It would run a 1/2" impact without an air tank! Later I sold the truck and let the compressor go with it (new owner was amazed when I demonstrated it,,,, I wanted to keep it but he was hooked).

A few years ago, I found a used Oasis on craigslist. My Jeep doesn't have room for it, so I put a set of heavy jumper cables on it. When I need it, I load it up and have instant air.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)