AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another article not shining kindly on farming.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ricefarmer14
Posted 3/13/2019 12:57 (#7377841 - in reply to #7377393)
Subject: RE: Another article not shining kindly on farming.

East Arkansas
Thanks for posting, it’s sad but lots of factors at work here. What I don’t like is this idea that we are all just supposed to farm less and be what we were 75 years ago while the guy writing the Arty Le wants to live the way he does now. Things change many times for the worse. What is happening to our rural towns all over the south and Midwest should be a crime.

I wonder if those jobs at those big plants would be filled by Americans if there weren’t always illegals or low paid immigrants willing to take them...perhaps the integration wouldn’t have occurred as quickly had there been no ready labor in the areas where the big plants are being located.

I’m sure someone can poke holes in what I’m saying but the lower labor costs in many’ industries hurts the small towns the worst...we’ve been sold s bill of goods from the chamber of commerce and big business with the labor issue.

Hitting close to home for me is H2A workers...I have several but if this program weren’t in place I would probably be forced to pay even more wages to try and find local workers...also, do government programs such as very lenient social security disability not compete for labor and keep people off payrolls?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)