AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shed collapse insurance question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 3/11/2019 05:55 (#7372931 - in reply to #7372479)
Subject: RE: Shed collapse insurance question

central - east central Minnesota -

Buck S - 3/10/2019 20:44 Store my combine and planter down the road in a fellas shed. He called me this evening and said the roof collapsed and did a bunch of damage. Who's insurance pays for these damages? I have both items covered under my insurance policy.

This varies greatly by Company and Agent . . . .  Most companies in Mn require all of your property to be listed and where it is being stored (a few of the independent Mutual may differ). If it's being stored in someone else shed, it needs to be noted on your policy and then you should be covered for damage to your stuff only. If it's not, the insurance company may say not their problem for the damage. The shed owner will not be responsible either, as it's not their property. Insurance will not cover other peoples property. If suit against the neighbor for damage, that opens a whole different can of worms, but if they are smart, should have coverage to cover litigation from those that store property on site that they don't own, and it's gets stolen, damaged or fire.  

Good luck, hope you come out whole . . . . . .

Edited by iseedit 3/11/2019 16:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)