AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cellphone is daylight savings time confused
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 3/10/2019 10:33 (#7371102)
Subject: Cellphone is daylight savings time confused

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
Ok now I’m confused, when we travel our iPhones always automatically change time when flying or driving from one time zone to another. I realize the daylight savings time started last night for everyone except for Hawai and Arizona. I went to bed last night about 11:00 p.m. and when I woke up the second time this morning after the first time of the usual middle of the pee break I looked at my cellphone lying on my nightstand and it says 6:00. I thought wow I haven’t slept this late for ages and felt wide awake so got up. I snuck out to the living room to the recliner and turned on the TV and watched my usual morning news being recorded on our DVR. After about two hours it dawns on me the suns not the right place in the horizon for the time of the day and look at the time on the iPad in my hands. Sure enough it’s one hour behind what my iPhone says. Get up and look at the microwave and stove and they jive with the iPad. Hmmmm, looks like I did get up at my usual 5:00 a.m. after all.

I looked at my wife’s cellphone and hers says what it’s supposed to be here in AZ. So now I’m going to be really confused here if my cellphone stays this way the rest of the time we’re down here as I usually don’t wear a watch but rely on my cellphone for time telling. This is our first full winter staying down here so not sure what to expect. Looks like I better start wearing my watch if it doesn’t correct either that or double check with my wife’s cellphone and I know how that’s going to go over she’ll get real tired of that :-).

Picture is correct time on wife’s bigger iPhone.

(584FD1AA-8920-459B-A719-B9F676686CCB (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 584FD1AA-8920-459B-A719-B9F676686CCB (full).jpeg (80KB - 55 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)