AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Loading the bases - continued
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Whats Up
Posted 3/11/2019 09:23 (#7373274 - in reply to #7368680)
Subject: RE: Loading the bases - continued

You are lucky if you have never taken crop insurance. I have had it 20+ years and only once did it pay out for me, 2006 was a horrible year for my area, and on that year I received a payment. Last year I went through the computer and it and tallied all the premiums I paid since 2006, and wow, if I would have deposited that amount in savings account I would be a happy man. But, now I am to the point of thinking that I haven't had to use insurance for the last 12 years so I am probably do to get a bad year, plus with 12 decent years my aphs are starting to look pretty good and it does allow me to sleep better at night knowing that no matter what happens with the weather, my family will be just fine!!!!

So right or wrong I really can't say!!!!

I will say I know my insurance agent pretty well, and he has told me in the past that the insurance company is the real winner out of this deal. The way he explained it is that they are paid with our premium to basically do the paper work. Then if there is a disaster, the government is the one that hands out the money. The insurance company has little to no risk!!!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)