AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Houston, Tx trip
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

caleb2684
Posted 3/7/2019 22:44 (#7366438 - in reply to #7364614)
Subject: RE: Houston, Tx trip

Aggieland
College Station resident here. The Bush Library is worth a visit, Texas A&M is this town, see the campus, eat some good Mexican food (Los Cucos is my favorite for selection and quality is good too, there are better hole in the walls but you gotta speak the lingo), if they like trendy tacos have them eat at Fuegos, best steak is at the Republic (high end requires reservations), best bbq is either 1775 only open thu-sat sells out quick or Franks Country Store in Bryan. Lots of farm ground just out of town but literally nothing going on since we’ve been muddy since August or September. They’d normally be planting corn right now but many fields have stalks still standing. As with any town of 100,000 there are thieves but they typically prey on the ignorant (cars unlocked, doors open etc). Most every hotel in town is good but most people stay on University drive as it’s kinda the hub of restaurants and such.

How did your son wind up on a fire squad here if I might ask? I have several friends on the Bryan FD but I don’t know any on the CS. I know we have some fancy fire stations and not a lot of fires! Your son probably deals with more car wrecks and drunks than he ever dreamed of! What station is he stationed at? I did all the A/C work across the street from station 6 at the aforementioned Republic Steakhouse. I’m sure they’ll enjoy their time and if you’ve got any questions my email is good.

Caleb
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)