AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alex Trebek ---Cancer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bruce NW Ia
Posted 3/6/2019 20:41 (#7363885 - in reply to #7363469)
Subject: RE: Alex Trebek ---Cancer

Cherokee County, Northwest Iowa
20 months ago my sister was diagnosised with Stage 3 Pancreatic Cancer (as she said, if it is stage 4, you just bought the farm). She waited for several weeks to get one of the top surgeons in Denver to do a Whipple surgery (once again, as she said-want to have the hell scared out of you, Google Whipple surgery). She survived the surgery, 2 rounds of chemo and one round of radiation-which all about killed her. Then they backed off, gave her time to recover, then declared her cancer free. Three months later it showed up again, been taking a 3rd round of chemo since Dec., has to continue this treatment the rest of her life. At least she is able to half way function this time around, she has been taking a bunch of trips = bucket list trips. She did get some encouraging news 2 days ago, tumor shrinking, marker numbers getting better, so we (I) am just taking this as good news for now, and continuing to hope for the best.

One of her friends let it slip in January that they gave her a 10% chance of surviving to see a second Christmas-which she did 2 months ago.

I learned last week that Steve Jobs had the kind of pancreatic cancer that hits 5% of the time, and is halfway treatable, but he decided that he was smarter than the medical community, and screwed around for 6-8 months taking alternative treatments, by the time he gave up and had conventional surgery and treatment, too little too late.

Micheal Landon was another celebrity that had this dreaded disease. And it took my cousin at way too young an age 15 years ago. Cancer sucks.

Edited by Bruce NW Ia 3/6/2019 20:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)