AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

planter sensors for Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/9/2009 07:08 (#601974 - in reply to #601209)
Subject: RE: planter sensors for Insight

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
chris dds - 2/8/2009 15:36

Does the Insight need special seed tube sensors installed on the plater to use it as a population monitor? Will it work with the "standard" Dickey-John sensors that are used on monitors like the JD computer track series? What does it take to replace the Computer Track with an Insight?

Thanks!

No, it does not require special tube sensors - you use the originals. Yes, it will work with the standard DJ sensors that are used with the JD computer track.

To replace the Computer Track would require an Insight, GPS, STTM (Seed Tube Monitoring Module), and asssociated wiring as well as probably an implement switch. The wiring could be done in a couple of different ways. The STTM could be mounted on the planter or in the tractor. The STTM connects to the original planter monitor connection which is commony a 37 Pin AMP connector. The STTM modules are overdue to ship this week.

There are many other options which could also be used in a variety of combinations. Other options which are often used with planters involve: Rowshut offs, Hyd. Drive and monitoring and/or controlling another product such as Fertilizer, Insecticide or Herbicide.

The variety of combinations used may dicate where the components are physically located and thus affect the wiring harnesses used.

This year I am adding row clutches to my personal planter. I had been monitoring starter fertilizer in the past. Due to the additional equipment being used this year I moved the mouting location of some of the pieces for a "smoother" overall fit.

Edited by tedbear 2/9/2009 07:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)