AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are you fellas millionaires? Well, I am.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cowboyk
Posted 3/6/2019 02:50 (#7361940)
Subject: Are you fellas millionaires? Well, I am.

sw North Dakota
Waiting for a heifer to calve so I'm killing some time here on AG talk. The Farm and Ranch Guide ( local farm paper) had two articles about calving later on grass and all the benefits. I have been calving 1st of March for more than 30 years. I drive a new crew cab, have a shed full of up to date equipment. I have a neat calving barn I'm pretty proud of plus enough bigger sheds to get through the blizzard you know we're going to have in North Dakota. I don't need some desk jockeys telling me how to raise cattle. Are you fellas millionaires? Well, I am. Bale grazing ( or bale wasting as I call it) is another hot topic. A cattle man down the road has won conservation awards and is so proud of his bale wasting. I drove by the other day and saw a cow lying 4 feet up on top of a bale. If she were mine she would high center and die. All the extra forage growth in the plot is due to the pig weed, thistle, and other weeds. But the desk jockeys swear that is a money making venture. Are you fellas millionaires? well, I am. I guess the magazines need controversial topics to sell ads and subscriptions, but quit trying to cram this stuff down our throats. Are you fellas millionaires? Well, I am. Well, I feel better now......better check that heifer. Edited....tabs for paragraphs didn't work.

Edited by cowboyk 3/6/2019 02:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)