AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

will a jd reciever be ok to run a pro 600?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Francis
Posted 2/8/2009 12:08 (#600913 - in reply to #600900)
Subject: Re: will a jd reciever be ok to run a pro 600?

Redfield, SD
I feel compelled to respond on this thread. The Starfire receiver SF1 only would not output NMEA unless it was connected to a display, prior to the winter bundle 2009. With the winter bundle both SF1 only and SF2 receivers would be able to output NMEA data without needing a display. That being said, I checked this morning on Stellar Support and the Winter Bundle2009-1 update has been pulled from the website. I'm not sure what that means, expect the update has issues with original displays with older software(I heard it makes them not functional). Now with that said, to your original post about working with a Pro 600 display, I wouldn't assume that a John Deere position receiver will work with it unless I had personally verified it. I do know a list of equipment that will not accept the RS232 NMEA output from a John Deere Receiver. The recommendation from Stellar Support have the dealer file a DTAC case about these issues. I hope this helps. I'm very confident of what the information I have provided.
Francis Schaffer

Edited by Francis 2/8/2009 12:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)