AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shop rules and posters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sand85
Posted 3/3/2019 16:14 (#7356710 - in reply to #7356456)
Subject: RE: Shop rules and posters

C IL

Thanks for the responses so far.  I'll flesh out my request some more.  I'm not looking for employee management advice, or family partner management advice.  I'm not looking to be the shop hall monitor, and I don't particularly enjoy walking into the shop like an avenging god and smiting down everyone until they clean it up to my satisfaction.

I'm actually not in the shop that much, but when I am, I do like a neat and tidy workplace where everything is neatly put away after being used, so we can use the space efficiently.  To address some of the comments above; yes, there are family members in the shop, more than I am.  Yes, we have meetings.  Yes, I lead by example.  Yes, we encourage people to stop if they feel something isn't safe.  The safety glasses are clearly marked by the door, I have some by the drill press, we have goggles, spare gloves, welding gear, we do need a better fume hood but we are partway there.  We could use some better fall protection on the balcony.  Yes, there are family members who don't set a good leadership example by always wearing safety glasses, etc.  Yes, we talk about it.  Etc. etc. etc.  Yes, if I was 100% the sole proprietor, it would be different. 

So, having said all that, does anyone have any actual examples of cheeky/cheerful/motivational shop wall posters to encourage folks in the shop to adhere to safe, productive, neat and tidy practices?  Just something that sets a good tone and keep a constant reminder to everyone in the shop.

Here are some examples I've seen, that aren't directly applicable to a farm shop, but show the tone for which I'm looking:

https://www.teskeys.com/barn-rules-sign.html

http://www.deadmethods.com/project/print-shop-rules/

Edited by sand85 3/3/2019 16:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)