AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ steer500 mode question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cbSCNE
Posted 2/7/2009 19:24 (#600271 - in reply to #599869)
Subject: RE: More Questions?

South central, Nebraska
Headland mode offers you a couple features if you are successful at completing the loop. It will calculate the area of the field and it will create a boundary if you are using EZ Boom so the booms stay off when swinging outside of the boundary as previously stated. Both are very nice features especially when spraying.

Issues to be aware of.. You have to make a successful headland circuit, you have to stick with whatever line you create when setting the headland up, either AB or A+.... There are no curve lines available (freeform , curve, or adaptive curve) in the headland mode.

As soon as you add a NEW line when using your headland feature, you will lose the calculated field area and the boom boundary control feature.

The field acre accumulator will still be working and if you are using EZ Boom, the section control still functions but WILL spray outside of the boundary you may have previously created.

I was really hoping that would have been fixed in the latest revision but no such luck. Maybe next year? LOL

You can create a multitude of different lines within the field. Problem is, there is no way to manage(deleate) them on the 500. You don't have to use the headland feature but you will forfeit a couple features.

I think I set my light spacing at 1 foot. I thought it slowed down the running lights enough to get me on the right row. I have done mostly row crop spraying with the 500. I seem to watch the screen at the start of a turn but then look at the light when getting close to the correct row, kind of fine tune the end of the turn.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)