AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why is my backhoe so helpless?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KFLAgri
Posted 2/17/2019 10:57 (#7326316 - in reply to #7326213)
Subject: RE: Why is my backhoe so helpless?

NCfarmer - 2/16/2019 21:06

You are sure the 4wd is working? They are so much heavier than an Ag tractor you should be doing what you want. We have a Deere. Driver experience is usually the difference. Make sure your in low to push heavy loads or your torque converter will work against you.

Yes, 4x4 works. Yeah, it’s heavier alright but that’s a disadvantage anywhere except hard ground. Driver experiance isn’t the issue, nor is finding low enough gears. Poor traction is the issue with 4x4 and differential lock in.

Chuck123 - 2/17/2019 11:14

Check the tire pressure before you buy chains or send it down the road. Might just be way too high

Have had the tire pressure all over the map. And I’m not about to take four nearly new R4 tires off to put on R1 tires for something that’s still totally awkward everywhere I need it to go. Not going to put on chains since I have to run down the road from yard to yard. Once I find the right tractor, it’s gone. And it will be one of the happiest days here when I see that clumsy thing drive out the lane for the last time because I’m quite content using the tractor and blower for snow, and it doesn’t do anything else any good either around here other than dig tile holes. When it comes to serious dirt work my backhoe stays parked while I use my crawler loader anyway
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)