AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

F150 towing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

87yj
Posted 2/17/2019 09:42 (#7326141 - in reply to #7325062)
Subject: RE: F150 towing

NE Ohio
I have the same truck - 18 F-150 Eco, with MaxTow. Prior truck was a 2003 F-250 7.3

Pulled a ~7500 trailer this summer. Pulls it no problems - probably about equal to the 7.3, stopped it well, better than the 7.3. You'll want a weight distributing hitch.
I've been happy with the 10 speed. In trailer tow mode, it doesn't hunt gears and always seems to end up in a good spot RPM wise. With the ecoboost, it never feels like its struggling and you don't have to run high RPMs.
Averaged about 10 MPG. (You'll appreciate the 36 gal tank that comes with Max tow)

when pulling it on a very windy day (40-50 MPH gusts), I could tell the truck was lighter. It would push enough where I had to pay attention and compensate to not get blown out of the lane on a 70 MPH interstate.

You already have the truck, so try for yourself. If you're a weekend warrior towing occasionally, I think it will handle the trailer fine. If you're constantly towing across the country, you may want a little heavier truck for the peace of mind.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)