AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oh my Dear
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

berggrenfarms
Posted 2/16/2019 14:40 (#7324686 - in reply to #7323563)
Subject: RE: Oh my Dear

Nebraska, The land of corn and cattle

I want to know who honestly thinks this is a better option than putting more research into high % ethanol fuels? Ethanol can still use our vast liquid fueled infrastructure, and we can continue to use piston engines, just with some minor modification to get the best use of the ethanol. That's where I think things need to head, not only as a farmer, just as a common, sensible human being. I would like to see more work being done to promote these high % ethanol engines in farm equipment, why not use the ethanol we produce to make more ethanol? It goes a long way to getting towards sustainable fuel production. 

All this power for electric vehicles has to come from somewhere. Now I realize this is corded, but say on an electric car, that lithium has to be mined and such, at the end of the day is it really making less pollution when everything is factored in? The closest Tesla station to me is on I80, IIRC currently most cars have enough juice to make it from Omaha to Grand Island, then has to stop and charge for about 2 hrs? before they can hit the road again, in that 2 hrs I can be most of the way to North Platte in my regular vehicle. Also you can see the coal fired power plant that's producing the electricity to charge your "0 Emission car" from the charging station!! 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)