AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2019 goals
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

JW_midwest
Posted 2/15/2019 16:40 (#7322972)
Subject: 2019 goals

Southern MO
I may be way in over my head right now but this is my plan that I have put together for 2019 and was wanting some input on if it’s a good or bad idea. I had posted previously about how I bought the angusXholstein calves they all seem to be doing well. My plan for this fall when I sell them is to buy 40 hd of angus calves weighing #400-#450 (stocker calves) and graze them on winter rye and supplement with grain. I talked with my grandad and he said he would allow me to use 50 acres to plant the rye and graze it and then we can bale it up come spring and wrap it and use for feed. The 50 acres has fence all the way around and a fence running through the middle separating it into two 25 acre fields. Also has an automatic waterer on it and a few pens next to it if I would need it. I just spent about 3 hours putting numbers to everything and what all I plan to need for them. I know it may seem far fetched but it’s something else to keep me busy in the fall and winter when I’m not mowing also keeps me in shape and occupied. If anyone has any tips or if they think this is the worst idea they’ve seen let me know it would be appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)