AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I need a grinding wheel to grind tree stump
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kenabcd
Posted 2/15/2019 18:58 (#7323167 - in reply to #7321021)
Subject: RE: I need a grinding wheel to grind tree stump

Cokato MN
So many options..., what I would do if I was in your position is to ask myself if a planter or bird feeder would look good in that spot and if I could leave it alone with a decoration. If not, I would walk into the shed and start looking at what tools I had available to remove it.

You have a chainsaw, maybe mount the worst chain you have, cut from the center towards the outside, in two directions. Then finish the cut into the dirt in both directions, kick out the wedges, and throw away the chainsaw chain.

Do you have an ax? If so, you could get back to nature and chop it out, learn to file the ax after chopping in the dirt.

Maybe get a barrel or culvert section standing upright over the stump and start a roaring fire with the rest of the tree. Burn it hot, shoot many holes in the tube of your choice, around the bottom to get it going.

Maybe consume your drain oil down the tube? How about drilling holes in the face of the stump before hand, fill with your choice of waste petroleum distillate, soak for some time to improve combustion, add a leaf blower to the bottom of the tube of your choice to inject more air and get a cutting torch effect going.

How about an air chisel? String out the air hose, put in a wide flat chisel and start peeling it off.

A reciprocating saw, even cordless? Piece by piece, pack a lunch, bring a stool.

Dynamite? High powered rifle? Backhoe? Jack hammer?

So many options, but I would leave it alone.

Stuff like that in the yard helps mark the passage of time.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)