AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wild Blue FAP penalty box
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 2/6/2009 00:18 (#598534 - in reply to #598519)
Subject: RE: Wild Blue FAP penalty box

southern MN
I'm under the impression most internet providers have a similar policy - they may not enforce it, but it is there? I talked to my phone co (DSL - 256 or 512 speed) and to a wireless provider (256, 512, or 768 speeds) and asked about an internet camera - they kinda grimmaced, phone co lady said if they don't know, they probably won't check. but the limitations are there. I'm on dialup with the ph co presently at that location.

I heard up in the 'Cities one of the big phone co (Quest??? I donno which....) was imposing limits or over-charges if you exceeded downloads.

Was just today talking to a tech head up in the 'Cities, asked what the realistic speed you needed for a Slingbox (puts TV over a network, including internet...) as the box states 256, but that's gotta be a joke.... He said oh you should be fine with any cable or even a good DSL.... I said wait, I'm in the backwaters of the rural part of the state, we have slow high-speed, no cable available. He said oh, well even a 1.6 DSL should be fast enough..... I would be lucky to get 1/2 that, & be paying 3 times what he does for a 'slow' cable connection.....

Sigh. They don't understand. No wonder internet sites are becoming so top-heavy & bloated.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)