AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader to raven
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/9/2019 09:57 (#7308585 - in reply to #7307491)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader to Raven

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Rod Maker - 2/8/2019 20:10

Hi Ted, I'm wanting to set up something similar. I have a versa, and want to use the switches on a box, feeding both the AG leader and Raven. The idea is, I want to have five boom switches that are three position switches, middle would be off- no matter what, one direction would be always on- no matter what, and other way is on/off via Autoswath.

Question is would Autoswath work while controlling through a application rate module to the Raven?

NO. The Application Rate Module can be used different ways but not for section control. It can Monitor,an implement switch and/or a flow meter or shaft sensor in various combinations. It can communicate with another device such as your Raven through a special serial cable.

When using it with an implement switch only, it can create a coverage map (not rate) based on whether the implement is UP or DOWN. This coverage map is either ON or OFF.

When using a flow meter or shaft sensor it can compute, display and map an applied rate but NOT control the rate. This map will show the rate in different colors. In this case, the rate would be based on the assumption that the rig is only one section that is either all ON or all OFF. An implement switch is not necessary when using the rate idea since the mapping while Start/Stop based on flow. I use one of these on my planter for my ground driven starter fertilizer. It is driven by a friction wheel and is either all ON or all OFF anyway.

When using the Application Rate Module with the special serial cable, the two devices pass information back and forth. A rate is set in the Ag Leader which is passed to the Raven via the module. This allows the operator to change the rate or have the Ag Leader read an Rx file for variable rate. The Raven still controls the rate. The Raven passes information to the Ag Leader display through the module as well. The information includes considerable information about the spray situation such as which booms are on, the flow rate etc. This allows the Ag Leader to make an accurate map of the spraying operation. HOWEVER, this does not include the ability to have the system shut off sections automatically.

To do that you would need an Ag Leader CAN switch box or the equivalent which is the Auxiliary Input Module (not to be confused with the Application Rate module) and a switch box AND a Liquid Product Control Module. Since the Liquid Control Module can handle both rate and section control, the Raven would not be needed at all. The Ag Leader display allows auto swath to be active or inactive. If active, the system will turn ON/OFF those sections that are "allowed" by the boom switches. If inactive,the boom sections are indirectly controlled by the boom switches but the effect is that you are directly controlling them. This covers your idea of OFF, ON, Auto Swath.

Edited by tedbear 2/9/2019 10:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)