AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader to raven
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/4/2019 07:33 (#7295821 - in reply to #7294557)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader to Raven

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
In some cases, the original sprayer section switches can be still be used with an Auxiliary Input module. Some operators prefer this rather than using an Ag Leader switch box. This depends on how the original sprayer was setup. At one time the place I worked (L&D Ag) made some custom wiring harnesses for these situations. These harnesses allowed the original switches to be used without butchering the original sprayer wiring. This made for a nice clean install and could easily be returned back to original if desired for a trade in etc.

The custom adapter harness rerouted the OEM switches to become inputs for the Auxiliary Input Module and rerouted the wires going to the valves to the Liquid Product Control Module. Then the Ag Leader system was in the "middle of things" as far as section control so Auto Swath could decide when a section should turn OFF since that area had already been sprayed.

Originally each section switch directly activated a section valve and back fed the 460 so it "knew" when a section was ON.

I had such an arrangement in a Deere 4720 for several years. That was different in some respects than the above but the same as far as section control went, The OEM switches were used to "allow" a section to be ON, Auto swath decided if it was appropriate to do so.

Edited by tedbear 2/4/2019 07:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)