AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9510 combine EZ Steer Power Source?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/1/2019 09:57 (#7289935 - in reply to #7289654)
Subject: RE: 9510 combine EZ Steer Power Source?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Concerning the tractor. The starters on those tractors would create almost a dead short when engaging the starter so the fact that the EZ-Steer drops out doesn't surprise me. I have seen that many times with older Raven 440's. On the older 440's there was a 9 volt battery that helped "hold" the memory while starting. New 440's and new tractors made this unnecessary.

It might be best to start the tractor and then turn on the EZ-Guide/EZ-Steer.

As far as a separate power source directly from the battery in the combine, I think that would be a good idea. It shouldn't be too difficult to attach fairly heavy wires to the batteries in the rear and run them along existing wires on the right side of the combine and enter the cab through the plate at the lower right rear corner of the cab. I would install a fuse in the hot wire at the battery for protection. It might be necessary to drill a small hole in the cab plate and use a rubber grommet to get the wires inside the cab. The wires would be inside a cavity below and behind the seat. It might be bit difficult to grab them. I believe the starter on the combine is more efficient than the tractor but you certainly want the steering to have adequate power.

Edited by tedbear 2/1/2019 10:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)