AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hot tubs and back pain - does it work?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

sand85
Posted 1/24/2019 22:50 (#7270631 - in reply to #7270486)
Subject: RE: Hot tubs and back pain - does it work?

C IL
I don’t know what your specific issue is but i had low back pain caused by having tight leg muscles, specifically the psoas muscle on my left side. It would just cramp up the paraspinal muscles all up and down my back and knot up on the left side just above the pelvis below the belt line. Sort of a pervasive low level pain that sapped energy and mood.

I chiropractored for a while but it wasn’t helping this particular problem. I tried an inversion table and it didn’t help this particular issue either. It does help with other things, sometimes.

I got a couple of massages and one masseuse observed the tightness of the leg muscles and recommended I work on stretching. Both the massages and the stretching helped a lot, I stretch multiple times a day now. There was a lot of built up inflammation to work through and my masseuse gives me a massage for myofascial release to reduce inflammation.

A cheap thing that made a world of difference to me is a Ma Roller. About $30. Like a rolling pin with two raised bevels to massage those muscles up and down your spine. You don’t roll up and down vigorously on it though, you lay on it at one point and take about 10 deep breaths in until the muscles relax, then carefully roll another inch or two and repeat. You can feel yourself sink down into it and find that muscles are tense that I don’t even realize are knotted up until I get on the roller.

I laid on that thing 5x or more each day for the first month and it helped a lot. I laid on it a couple times a day for the next month and it helped a lot. This third month I use it at least once every two days. This thing changed my life, I can’t oversell it. Cheap to try! I try to use it more proactively now and keep the inflammation from even starting.

Water, exercise, adjusting posture made differences but the roller and massage techniques really helped me with my specific issues. I was in real trouble before.

Edited by sand85 1/24/2019 22:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)