AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Work Comp....on the farm employee.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

FarmRiskMgr
Posted 1/17/2019 05:45 (#7250632 - in reply to #7249671)
Subject: RE: Work Comp....on the farm employee.....

Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Missouri
JD dairyman - 1/16/2019 17:59

I was worried about that but I have had workmans comp insurance for a few years and no inspector has ever set foot on the farm. WC did want people doing custom work for me to have WC or they made me pay WC for them. I would say that overall it's less expensive than I thought it would be and lets me sleep better. I try to run my farm in a manner that is safe. Its impossible to be perfect but if you have a culture of safety things will go better. I won't ask my employees to do something that I'm scared to do/

Very good points..... Loss control is something that is typically provided by most work comp carriers. It is an invaluable service at NO charge to the policyholder. The purpose is to identify exposures that increase the possibility of a loss and mitigate those. Less Losses results in better experience, which is directly reflected I the premium on a Work Comp policy through the Experience Mod that is produced.

Your comment,"I won't ask my employees to do something that I'm scared to do." is the main reason why I suggest that most owners elect to cover themselves under their work comp policy as opposed to excluding themselves.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)