AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corded 4.5 or 5" grinder
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

OHKen
Posted 1/16/2019 10:17 (#7248805 - in reply to #7248277)
Subject: Guys this is scary stuff ! How many of you run cut off wheels without guards ?

Ohio
I don't use the guard ! But I also treat that tool like it is a bomb ready to go off ! I had a guy working for me , that is accident prone . This story turned out very lucky and the blame lays directly on my shoulders . Gave him a job to cut a piece of 2x2 angle on a set of saw horses . I had demonstrated earlier the proper way to hold the unit . Always cut on top feeding down , that way if the blade pinched , the rotation would pull the unit away from you . Happened to look over to check on him and , he's got the unit underneath the angle lifting up . The unit binds/kicks down and starts rotating away from piece . He releases his grip and the thing ,with the switch slid and locked in rotates into his coveralls ,thru his jeans and carterized a gash in his inner thigh . Yes the unit rotated rite beside the family jewels ! Unit falls to the ground still running . Took him to the emergency room where they cleaned the wound and used tape to pull the wound back together . To this day I thank God that unit did not get his femoral artery , or he would of died rite there . So yes I like Bosch , but my next unit will have a paddle switch .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)