AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stupid kitchen machinery question...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ronm
Posted 1/15/2019 11:07 (#7246530)
Subject: Stupid kitchen machinery question...

Fruita CO
We have been offered a Jenn-air glass cooktop/oven/microwave set by a friend of the wife's that is remodeling a house they just bought. It's a lot newer & nicer than what we have, the cooktop we have is broken, some Klutz (won't mention names), knocked a sea salt grinder thing out of the cabinet above & broke the corner off...
But I digress...the new cooktop has a vent in the middle with a fan underneath, the kitchen it's in now has a duct to the outside under the house. My house of course has no duct, & it would be a major job to install one, either up or down. the stove cabinet is in the middle of the house, 20 ft. from an outside wall. Question is, is there any way to use that vent system without a duct? Like the overhead stove hood that has a fan & filter, just exhausts into the kitchen? Really don't want to just dump greasy smoke into the cabinet under the stove...
wouldn't be real hard to cut a hole in the floor & exhaust it down into the crawl space, but would that be acceptable?
Wouldn't be a big deal for me to just make a block-off plate for the vent & use the stove without it, but there may be varying opinions in the house on that...
Ideas?

Edited by ronm 1/15/2019 11:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)