AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PreEmerge Streaming 28% and ATS directly on row?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

hardietack
Posted 1/13/2019 11:42 (#7242110)
Subject: PreEmerge Streaming 28% and ATS directly on row?

SE ND
I would like to stream 15gal of 80-20 UAN/ATS with my sprayer on top of a 22" row for the second portion of my N&S program. I think the banded N will give me a boost vs broadcast as this is mostly Corn on Corn. I also don't want the weight and hassle of carrying liquid N on the planter in addition to the in-furrow 6-24-6 starter.

Plan is to just mount 48 single nozzles on my sprayer boom lined up with the 22" rows and run jump hoses from the regular nozzles over to these. Very easy for the sprayer to keep up with the planter and with streaming wind should be almost a non-issue.

For weed control I like to run Surestart and Roundup very early post as the Surestart applied early post doesn't cause any seedling injury if it gets cold and wet. As a result, I don't care to use this N pass as a carrier for my pre chemical. I'm happy to make another pass later with herbicide.

Remainder of my total N&S program comes from previous fall deep banded AMS/MAP and 15-30 gal UAN/ATS Y-Dropped at V10.

My question is...is there any seedling risk to banding 15 gal UAN right on top of the row just after planting? We farm everything from beach sand ridges to 40 CEC RRV clay. Normally our corn takes 10-14 days to emerge after planting. We also usually get rain during planting. Obviously the sprayer following the planter is going to put the band somewhere within 3" of either side of the row center. The band will splatter a bit when it hits the soil. Should I try to offset the streamer nozzles +/-2" to try to prevent putting the N band right on the row? Or line them up to get the N closest to the row as possible?

Edited by hardietack 1/13/2019 11:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)