AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Remember the good old days
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

rancher2
Posted 1/9/2019 09:32 (#7231803 - in reply to #7231318)
Subject: RE: Remember the good old days

Eastern Nebraska
I am not sure the weather has changed from the good old days or not. I grew up in the 60's and 70's and what I have seen change the most is folks trying to do more in the weather window we have in this farming game. I think we all bit off more than we can chew its human nature. If I don't take it the guy down the road will. People have calf's in the winter now days when I was a kid only the dairy guys had winter calf's no body in my area had sheds and barns to have a herd of cows calf in the winter. Look how early corn planting gets started compared to the 60's and 70's everybody's got more acres to get over. Oct used to be harvest month back in the day. Now corn coming out first week in Sept. If we get a wet spring it throws the whole game plan off or like this last year no rain late summer when we needed it then come time to harvest here comes the rain. Its been a while in this area east central Nebraska we have had guys picking corn in the snow. I hope for all 2019 brings to you good health and what you need to keep going. Mother nature is still in charge.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)