AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A perfect day in “Ag Talk Land”?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

GM Guy
Posted 1/3/2019 20:04 (#7218422 - in reply to #7214833)
Subject: RE: A perfect day in “Ag Talk Land”?

NW KS/ SC ID
thunderhut - 1/2/2019 10:48

Was listening to the perfect country western song on the radio the other day and it got me thinking of ag talk....what would be a perfect day?

While I was in the 20’ sidewall shop putting new LED’s from Larsen Lights in my paid for Gleaner combine, the market report came over the radio. Corn bounced off the uml perfectly and I was able to make a profitable sale. With money in hand, I fired up my dodge truck with a Cummins diesel and set out on an adventure. First stop was the coop, I am not a customer but they do have free coffee. Next stop we’re to 7 different seed dealers to get prices for conventional corn and free hats. Finally I went home for lunch that I made myself, because the wife has a high paying job with health insurance and all of my kids are graduated from college and not living at my house.......

It’s too darn cold outside to be productive, anyone else have something to add to my perfect day?

Foolish you are. There are no Gleaners in a AgTalk Land "perfect day" just S690s on Soucy tracks, and the climate to keep it from bellying out, and the crop prices to keep it fueled and maintained.

Grain hauled to town in either a Wilson or Timpte pulled by a KW or Pete long hood with no less than 500 hp, no fewer than 13 gears, and 4 way lockers on 46K rears. Probably has to run a booster jeep because of the test weight.

Loaded of course from a non-Sukup bin with a 4020 console powershift HFA on Westfield auger dumping into a tracked 1500 bushel J&M cart pulled by a 7240 Mag "with a chain under the drawbar" and the smoke screw turned to 300 hp. chrome pipe of course.

Once load of properly marketed grain is delivered, time to take the Platinum F350 powerstroke to coffee, where someone in the place gets punched in the face for being wrong on test weight arguements and/or suggesting there are other colors than green and red.

Then off to meet the wife for dinner, she will roll in to the parking lot in the brand new Rolls Royce driven by the footman, aka the local dealership salesman, because wifes should never be told no, and should be given everything desired, and dealerships should assign a person to keep you and your family happy. But of course, there is Grey Poupon at the table for dinner. what kind of Rolls Royce passenger goes without?

Then head towards home, dropping off a case of Crown Royal to your seed guy to "lubricate" the pricing chart, and 2 cases to the landlord.

Then home to go to bed to prepare for a new day in Agtalk Land!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)