AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hard to stomach
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rancherman
Posted 12/30/2018 15:24 (#7207303 - in reply to #7206722)
Subject: RE: Hard to stomach

Absolutely.    The  very  few that  can  'justify'  a  80k  pickup..  are going to BUY  one with  zero miles. They want to be the first to fart in the seats.  

If I could afford  75k  for  one with   10k miles,     why on earth  would I  stop there???     Shoot,     I'll just   grab my kid's   piggy bank and  grab  an extra  5k  and  make the deal on a brand spankin' new one. 

As long as  NEW one's keep rolling off the line,   the customers  at this level  will  opt  'new'   every time.   

So.. in 1 year,  it's traded.  Has  say, 12k miles.   clean.   couple of  paint  chips.    1 gummi bear  wedged between the seats.         They list it  for  74,999.     Who would  consider it?  I really doubt people will be stampeding into the  dealer.    If they do,  they'll walk  immediately to the new truck salesman.. and  get the color  they really want.  For that money,  who wouldn't???  

Maybe I'm missing the point of  a  80k  'tool'....  other than   to impress your  neighbor, girlfriend,  or soon to be ex wife??

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)