AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Car fax
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 12/23/2018 22:26 (#7192490 - in reply to #7190352)
Subject: RE: Car fax

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
kevinmc - 12/22/2018 21:39

Car fax said my brother in laws truck was salvage title when he sold it , it had never been in accident since he bought it new what a mess that was getting straight.

Fall of 2015 I was trading in my pristine 2010 Toyota car on a new one at a Lincoln dealer. The dealer laid an Experian report in front of me stating that my car had been wrecked twice within the first 1000 miles. I told him that was total BS, the car was driven by me only since new and never had as much as a rock chip. The reported car had the right town listed where my original dealer was located, also the brand and model was correct. The dealer where I was trading said just ignore it, I said BS, that report lowers the value of my car and will follow it until it is scrapped. Dealer finally gave me a number to call at Experian to talk to someone about getting this straightened out.

I got the info corrected, the original dealer for the 2010 had several of that model with VIN numbers in sequence and one of those others was the car wrecked twice before 1000 miles. Experian or the person reporting the damage got one digit wrong on the report that falsely claimed my car had been wrecked. It would have made $1600 difference in trade in value.

It took me 3 days of phone calls and high blood pressure to get it straightened out. Never again will I trust one of those reports.

Edited by Jon Hagen 12/23/2018 23:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)