AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Couple of things.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

rancher2
Posted 12/5/2018 14:23 (#7150777 - in reply to #7150181)
Subject: RE: Couple of things.

Eastern Nebraska
I feel for you guys that have crops out in the field yet. Around here the only crops left out are the couple guys that there {roundtoit} is broke and it wouldn't matter if it had been dry all fall and was still dry they never get done till spring. A couple years ago the one actually had a double crop took the corn out in spring planted and actually got some of the next crop out that same winter. I went by his place the other day he hasn't even started his corn. I don't know how he keeps farming other than his inlaws own the ground. I am around 60 years old and like others have said farming goes in cycles and this one is like others some will get stronger and bigger some will stay the same and some will be gone. I have always had a full time job also. For me the insurance was always a big thing. Of the folks I know farming there is only one couple I know of didn't ever have to go to town and get a job for insurance and they are getting close to medicare both of there sons farm and both of there wife's work in town. Some food for thought next time the cycle swings up take that money pay the income tax pay your land down bank some of that money and don't make the equipment dealers rich it will help you make threw the next down cycle a little easier. I don't like pays taxes any more than the rest of you but sometimes you need too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)