AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Couple of things.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

mennoboy
Posted 12/5/2018 10:50 (#7150393 - in reply to #7150181)
Subject: RE: Couple of things.

Rivers, MB
I'm 43. and have 20 farming seasons under my belt. The older I get, the more I realize how little I know.

But I have learned one thing (acutally more than one thing!) from being on AgTalk for the last 10ish years. Farming goes in cycles. When the mood gets the lowest on this market page, that usually means there is hope on the way. may not be immediate. And usually doesn't come in the way we expect it. And usually can be reasoned how it can't or shouldn't get better for many good reasons. But it always does. Sometimes as a black swan. sometimes as a calamity in another region. But it does come. We just need to get through to that point.

Hope that is encouragement for our farming brothers/sisters in the US. Things look pretty bleak in US ag. I understand that. But things will get better. I'm realizing more and more that farm management skills are the farm skills that we need above any other skills. That's what gets us through tough times.

For those of you that are really down. make sure to take care of yourselves. Physically and mentally. There has been quite a push in Canadian agriculture lately to focus on the mental health of farmers. Not an easy topic. But crucial to talk about it. Talk to a friend. Talk to a doctor. Get help if you are feeling low or stressed. Your family and friends want you to be healthy.

Edited by mennoboy 12/5/2018 10:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)