AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Versa and sure vac?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/10/2018 17:08 (#7097628 - in reply to #7097599)
Subject: RE: Versa and sure vac?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Kevin NC IA - 11/10/2018 16:56

Thanks, a couple more questions. I have a 24 row 20" planter so how many of the clutch modules will I need, and I also have the eset seed disk will they still work?

A clutch module can handle 12 sections so there are lots of combinations. This is determined by the wiring harness. I got the harness that has 12-2 row sections. This harness would work for you as well but you would have extra wire to coil up since your 24 row is on 20". Possibly there is one built with shorter branches for 20" spaces but coiling up the excess wouldn't really be a problem.

The eset seed disk for corn will work fine as that is what I use. The Pro 40 disk from Deere would not work with SureVacs. The SureVacs work with soybeans where I use Deere's original disk (108 cells?). For soybeans an extra brush is usually installed at the top of the chamber which helps brush off the soybeans when planting is not to take place.

So as mentioned above a single clutch module can handle 12 sections. If more sections are desired then extra clutch modules could be installed. I believe the maximum is three for a grand total of 36 sections. Remember this is sections and not necessarily rows. For me 12-2 row sections on 30" is fine. I don't think there would be much extra savings in going with 24 sections. Generally when going to a single row section, a very high end GPS is needed and even then the outer two rows are generally tied together. In other words on a 24 row planter it would have 22 sections since rows 1 & 2 would be together as well as 23 & 24. The others could be single rows.

Prior to the 24 row planter I used the same Clutch Control Module with a 12 row planter that was configured as 4-3 row sections. I did it that way on that planter as I could then get by with only one air valve box (each can handle 4 sections). I could have gone with 6-2 row sections but that would have required purchasing another 4 valve air box of which I would have only used 2 of the 4 valves. So you can see there are lots of combinations possible with up to 12 sections per clutch control module.

Edited by tedbear 11/11/2018 10:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)