AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Versa and sure vac?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/10/2018 07:05 (#7096604 - in reply to #7095554)
Subject: RE: Versa and sure vac?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Kevin NC IA - 11/9/2018 16:28

Will my Versa with auto swath unlocked run sure vac clutches on a JD 1780 planter individual boxes and chain drive??

I use SureVacs myself. You will need a Clutch Control Module and some wiring. A wiring harness specific for the number of rows/planter etc is needed to run from the Clutch Module (generally mounted on the planter itself) to the individual SureVacs on each row. You will also need a cable leading from the tractor to the Clutch Module. This cable contains the heavier power wires and the CAN communication wires to allow the Versa and Clutch Module to communicate.

Since the SureVacs block the vacuum allowing the seed to drop back in the chamber the drive mechanism of chains or proshaft doesn't matter. A configuration needs to be created in the Versa which includes the various measurements, number or rows etc. Since the SureVacs must "lead" the turn ON and turn OFF points a fair amount, there is a chart included that allows the operator to fudge the distance from the hitch to the application point based on population and row spacing. I used the default suggested values and was very pleased with the results.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)