AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader PfAdvantage monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/8/2018 08:10 (#7092367 - in reply to #7092221)
Subject: RE: Agleader PfAdvantage monitor

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
With the early Ag Leader yield monitors such as the YM 2000, it was possible to use them without a memory card or with a memory card if the system had a GPS attached. Without a memory card the system created various field and load values and stored them in a summary. It would display the on-the-go yield and moisture information to the operator but these were not saved on a point by point basis.

If the system used GPS and had an appropriate memory card, then the system could be set to do the above AND save information on a point by point basis. This information had to be stored to the memory card as harvesting took place because the internal memory was not capable of storing all that information. With a memory card installed, it was possible to watch an arrow on the upper corner of the screen indicating that another record had been written to the card. Later the memory card could be removed and read by a computer equipped with the appropriate software to create summaries AND point by point yield maps.

In the first case without a memory card, it was possible to use a direct serial cable and some appropriate software to transfer the summary information to a computer. This would only be the summary information since no point by point information was recorded anywhere. I remember doing this and it did work OK but I questioned whether it was worth the effort as it was quite easy to write down the various totals with paper and pencil.

The idea of transferring the summary information only directly to a PC with a cable disappeared somewhere along the evolution of the Ag Leader Yield Monitors, I'm not sure at what point that option disappeared.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)