AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader Integra not controlling manure flow well - any ideas?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/31/2018 07:45 (#7075326 - in reply to #7074967)
Subject: RE: Agleader Integra not controlling manure flow well - any ideas?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Here's a thought. This was a long time ago so I may not get the facts completely straight. Many years ago I messed with using an Ag Leader Liquid Product Control module in an attempt to control a Raven injection pump module. This was before Ag Leader supported Direct Injection. What I had was essentially an Ag Leader module talking to a Raven motor control module. I reasoned that since a Raven 440 could run the Raven motor control that the Ag Leader Liquid Product Control module might be able to also.

This did work but I discovered some things. The Ag Leader Valve Cal 1 controls the size of the "nudge" when the rate is considerably off target. The Ag Leader Valve Cal 2 controls the size of the "nudge" when the rate is close to the target rate. The idea is the system will react quickly when way off target but react more gently when it gets close. What I found was that the system reacted fine when the rate was off considerably (Valve Cal 1) and changed the speed of the motor. BUT when the rate got close (Valve Cal 2 in control) the nudge was apparently too slight and although the system was trying to nudge in on the target rate the speed did not change. I had installed a pair of LEDs in the wiring so I could observe the size and duration of the correction nudges. When way off, the nudges were quite large and the motor speed changed. When the rate got close to target, the nudges were much shorter but weren't causing any change.

My thought was to make the Valve Cal 2 larger so that it would have an effect OR keep Valve Cal 1 in control more of the time.

The threshold number determines when the system switches between Valve Cal 1 and Valve Cal 2. As I recall I made the Threshold number very small. This had the effect of forcing the system to use Valve Cal 1 for the majority of the time. I believe a decimal number smaller than 1.0 is allowed.

I'm wondering if this is happening for you. When you have the rate set at 2800 gpa, the system adjusts at first but when it gets close (3000 gpa), it switches to Valve Cal 2 which although it's trying, really has no effect on the rate so it stays at 3000. The reason being the Valve Cal 2 nudge is too small. When you use Rate 2 which you have set at 2400 gpa, Valve Cal 1 remains in effect "longer" and then when you switch back to Rate 1 it is close already and you get the desired results.

My thought would be for you to increase Valve Cal 2 (it must be less than Valve Cal 1) or maybe mess with the threshold value like I did.

Manure control is difficult to work with.

Edited by tedbear 10/31/2018 07:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)