AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Cochlear Implant update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

soya257
Posted 10/18/2018 12:13 (#7053360)
Subject: Another Cochlear Implant update

I was not to go down till the middle of Nov. to get my implant adjusted , but I figured that I need to have it turned up so it was on equal terms with my hearing aid and noise in my head.
Went down yesterday and got it turned up a lot louder and it is where I can still turn it up or down by the button on it.
I also got the Aid and Implant so that they can be turned up or down by themselves and not together, which is really good.

On the way home we stopped at near a place that they were building a house and I could hear them hammering , where they were around 300 yards away.

I go also online everyday to the company that makes my implant and do listening exercises , which help me also understand different people talking and to see what words I have trouble understanding.
Do that around half an hour each time.

Still my Audiologist is surprise that I could understand every thing she was saying even behind me , also she is the best at where she will listen to me on what I want and will give advice on what she thinks.(know)
But as she says all the time she does not have that hearing problem , so she has to go by what the patience is saying and what she had learned or been taught over the years. ( and Technology is getting better faster all the time)

Even went to dentist today and the last time I was there I had to have my wife with me to tell me what they were saying and they were really surprise at my hearing change.
Also had to explain to them , about the implant and what it does for me and everyone say the same thing Technology is great.

So it is getting way better in the listing department and the noise is still loud sometimes, but I am getting more energy from not straining to understand every word what is being said .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)