AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Cochlear Implant update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

soya257
Posted 10/18/2018 16:11 (#7053546 - in reply to #7053466)
Subject: RE: Another Cochlear Implant update

Usetobe dental asst - 10/18/2018 14:20

This is so cool, but probably not easy for you. Are you happy you had this done? I hope you don't mind me asking this, but was this covered by insurance?

Life before the surgery was totally H**L , really loud noise and not understanding 90% of the people who talked to me and the ones I could understand sometimes had to face me and be within 3 feet and no noise.
After the surgery , with the Vertigo and always wondering if the implant was going to work , was even more stressful.
The day I got it activated was one of the best days of my life as I started to understand what the audiologist
was saying not very loud and not clear , but I could hear voices in my complete deaf ear again.
I feel really sorry for the ones that has it done and it doesn't turn out that good for them.

Yes it was covered by insurance and I got to pick from 4 different kinds ( because of the clinic I was at) , which felt like I won the Lottery.
I have to pay for anything that I need now for my hearing as replacement is not covered , unless under warranty.
I always said I was very lucky also that is all that is wrong with me as I read how many out there suffers from so many deadly diseases.
I guess the hearing thing is more mental on you then it becomes physical as you wear down.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)