AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Illinois Windshield Tour
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

centralillinois
Posted 8/18/2018 13:05 (#6936195 - in reply to #6935944)
Subject: RE: Illinois Windshield Tour

You circled my neighborhood but if you would've taken that tour on July 4th you would've swore that we had the best crops ever. Up until Thursday most of that area had less than an inch of rain since July 4th. Yesterday I had between a half inch to two inches on my farms. Since the ears are hanging down the rain won't help but the beans should make a comeback. Rain is predicted for Monday but it still won't close up the knife slit where the 32% bar ran. Once you get in twenty rows my worst farm has between 2 and 3 inch tip back. From the road it looks pretty good. It will struggle to make 150 but has been over 200 the last two years. The rest is better but who knows until we go at it. I'm not nearly as nervous as the lenders. If you had gone north of Bloomington to Joliet you would've seen some sad corn on pretty decent ground and if you go east it looks pretty rough for the area. It's been said that in July and August the night time temperature was 10 degrees warmer than last year. Last year's cool night temperature saved us. Then the heat came back.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)