AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gleaner Road Show, Does Deere or Case have one?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GM Guy
Posted 8/3/2018 10:58 (#6908848 - in reply to #6908018)
Subject: RE: Gleaner Road Show, Does Deere or Case have one?

NW KS/ SC ID
silverluv75 - 8/2/2018 20:11

Gleaners got their name silver seeders back in the L days. Every body that still calls them that is 30 years old and are just repeating what grand pappy saw when he had an L. They just had more power and cylinder capacity than what the walkers could take. Just like the John Deere 9600. Big motor and cylinder but was still a walker machine. By the time Deere came out with that gleaner had long shelfed the walkers and went the real route in a rotary. Guys that call them silver seeders think they still have straw walkers. Lol. Funny story. Had a guy cut for us a couple years ago in some hailed out wheat that was all lodged and wet ground. The S77 we have was having trouble cause the head wasn't feeding right but got that fixed. Anyways the guy cutting for us had a 690 Deere and he couldn't go in a lot of spots cause it was so wet and the gleaner would just go through his tracks and keep on going. The big thing I noticed was a month later you could see the long green line where the 690 went. Plus that thing was an enormous fuel hog. I couldn't believe it how much fuel that thing took.

I think you are thinking of the G. Walker loss is very possible on a G, basically impossible on a L or M series. The L and M series with the new style fan had more than enough air to blow it out the back if a guy didnt know how to set it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)